Wednesday, September 21, 2005

IA-Peers get-together

Tonight's IA-Peers Sydney get together was an interesting one, with a bunch of new faces (for me at least) showing up to discuss general tools, methods & techniques.

I was happy to learn about a few new terms and hear about the benefits of eye-tracking from the guys at PTG. I must confess that I find the technique a little too refined for the bulk of the work that I do, although I appreciate the benefits of it.

It was also interesting to see the results of the survey undertaken by Eric as part of the preparation for the night - asking practitioners to list out all of the methods, techniques or tools that they use in their day-to-day IA work. I'll leave it to him to publish or not as he sees fit. But the overlap was curious for the lack of ubiquity of some 'standard' techniques.

Anyway, these events continue to be of interest for a wide range of reasons, and it's always good to meet professionals who have to cope with the same issues as me day-in and day-out.

No comments: