So it's been a month since Meld Consulting did it's first piece of work. Some thoughts so far:
- I've had more work than I thought I would. This is a good thing;
- Administrative work needs to be done steadily or it gets out of hand quickly - at which point it also becomes remarkably tedious;
- I haven't had as much time to read, write, or plan as I would like. This is something I really need to work on.
- I need to get better at scheduling my projects, setting deadlines and work schedules. Not that I've missed anything, but the amount of work is building and I can see that I need to get better at this part of the job.
- I've been happy to receive work from a number of different sources, although that exacerbates the other issues with scheduling & administration.
- I'm enjoying myself more than I thought I would.
So all in all, it's been a good first month.
3 days ago